RETURNS AND REFUND POLICY
1. This Returns and Refund Policy (“the Policy”) of Packabook (Pty) Ltd (Registration number: 2020/50787/07) (hereinafter “Packabook”, “we”, us, our”), governs:
1.1. Cancellation of your purchases made on the Website;
1.2. Refunds for cancelled transactions, either prior to or after having received the product, as well as what your remedies are if the product you received is defective and the process required therefor.
2. Please note that you are not entitled to any refund, repair or replacement except to the extent that it is expressly provided for under this Policy.
3. If a product purchased by you is not delivered within 14 days after having purchased the Product you are entitled to cancel such purchase on 7 days’ notice to Packabook.
4. Should a product that you’ve ordered be out of stock, we will notify you thereof, whereupon, in the event of a temporary out-of-stock situation, you shall be entitled either to cancel the order and be fully refunded or to maintain the sale subject to later delivery date as may be agreed. In the event of a permanent out-of-stock situation, you shall be entitled to be fully refunded.
5. Should an incorrect Product be delivered to you (i.e. it is not the Product that you purchased), please do not remove the Product from its original packaging, open or use the Product in any way. Kindly contact us immediately, so that we can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect such Product from you and deliver the correct Product to you.
6. With the exception of:
• computer software products; and
• earphones/ headphones,
which items cannot be cancelled once purchased, you are entitled, after your receipt of a non-defective product purchased by you, to cancel that purchase within 30 (thirty) days, and to obtain a full purchase price refund, subject to being charged by Packabook for the return of the product; Provided that the product is returned in the condition that you received it and by following the procedure set out in the ‘Return & Refund Process’ section below. Accordingly, should you wish to return any product delivered to you for a refund as aforesaid, please do not remove the product from its original packaging and/or use the product.
7. If within 6 months after delivery of a product you find that the product is defective/faulty, or unsuitable for the purpose for which it was indicated in the product description (or otherwise generally intended) (“collectively “the defects”) and you return such product to us Packabook as prescribed in the “Return & Refund Process” section below and the product is subsequently found to indeed be defective, you are entitled to either:
a. have the product repaired or replaced at the seller’s expense, or
b. be fully refunded. Should the product prove not to be defective, you will not be entitled to any refund, or free replacement or repair, and you may be liable for the costs incurred in having such product collected from and returned to you.
8. Kindly note that the following issues/problems will not constitute “defects” and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund:
a. Defects arising from normal wear and tear;
b. Defects resulting from any unauthorised alteration or repair of the product;
c. Damaged to the product caused by misuse or abuse;
d. Damage from failure to operate the product in terms of the manufacturer’s instructions;
e. Electronic hardware or software purchased by you, which are not compatible with your operating system and/or existing hardware.
NOTICE OF DEFECTS:
Please refuse delivery of any product which is visibly damaged, and if you only discover the damage after the courier has left, then you must report it to Packabook as soon as possible and within 48 hours. If not reported in writing after 48 hours, the damage will be deemed to have been caused after delivery of the product to you.
Special Offers: If the product was ordered pursuant to a “Special Offer” and such product is no longer being offered at the special price, should you elect to have the product repaired or replaced (as opposed to being refunded), you acknowledge and accept that the seller may only be able to repair, not replace same.
• Certain product types which have been opened: To combat the illegal copying of digital media, if the following types of products are returned for being defective or damaged, the seller reserves the right to only replace it with another copy of the same product without giving you the option of a refund: CDs, DVDs, computer software, and printer consumables.
• Manufacturer Warranties/Guarantees: Certain products may carry additional manufacturers’ warranties/guarantees which are wider in scope, and/or longer in duration, than the 6-month warranty generally provided (as discussed above). Consequently, if a defect is discovered AFTER 6 months from delivery, you could still rely on the following:
• Electronic Hardware Manufacturer Guarantees are normally a 1-year repair guarantee, in which case your remedy under such Guarantee would be restricted to the costs of repair or replacement of faulty goods or the granting of a credit at the sole discretion of Packabook after investigation and/or testing of goods.
• Electronic Hardware Manufacturer Guarantees are immediately null and void should any equipment be tampered with, or the seals on equipment be broken by anyone other than Packabook, or the goods be operated outside the manufacturer’s specifications. Manufacturers also won’t be liable for any damage arising from any misuse or abuse of the goods.
• No writable media CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RW may be returned under Electronic Hardware Manufacturer Guarantees.
• Software: Software may be exchanged for the same software, but no refunds will be payable.
RETURN AND REFUND PROCESS
RETURNS: If you want to return a product you have purchased from Packabook for any reason permitted under this Refund Policy, you must in all instances first notify Packabook thereof to inform us of the reason for your return by contacting us via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org://packabook.co.za or contact our return and refunds department on 060 647 7781. Once you have successfully logged your return as aforesaid, Packabook will issue you with a returns authorisation number (“RA Number”) and arrange for the collection of the product from you. You must ensure that the Product to be collected by the courier is packed so as to comply with the following:
• the Product is properly protected;
• save where being returned due to being Defective, the Product is still in its original packaging, together with all accessories, instructions and documentation (if any), and in perfect condition for the purposes of resale (i.e. the product must not be damaged, scratched, soiled, and in the case of electronic hardware, the adhesive screen covers must not have been removed); and
• aforesaid RA Number is accurately reflected in/on the parcel
Packabook is not able to accept the return of any products which have not gone through the above process and/or are not accompanied by a valid RA Number. Products returned without a valid RA Number will not have been validly returned and may be sent back to you at your expense. Please treat products and packaging with reasonable care while in your possession. Nothing herein detracts from any right Packabook may have to hold you liable for any damage you cause to a product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
REFUNDS: Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, such refund shall be effected by Electronic Funds Transfer or bank deposit payment.